[Outreachy announcement] [Feb 14 at 4pm UTC] Outreachy Q&A on Twitter

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer applicant-help at outreachy.org
Fri Feb 11 13:49:31 UTC 2022

On February 14 at 4pm UTC, please join Outreachy for a question and answer chat on Twitter! 🐦

During the chat you will get to:

❓ Ask questions
👋 Meet mentors
💬 Talk to past interns

Please double check that time 4pm UTC is in your timezone:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220215T160000&p1=137&p2=179&p3=131&p4=233&p5=1440&p6=37&p7=125&p8=170&p9=tz_pkt&p10=176&p11=1925&p12=47

Please follow Outreachy on Twitter:

https://www.twitter.com/outreachy

Q&A format
---

The chat format is explained here:

https://www.outreachy.org/promote/#outreachychat

The Outreachy Twitter account will ask a series of questions (Q1 - Q5). Applicants are encouraged to reply to these questions using A1 - A5 and the hashtag #OutreachyChat

Our first topic is for potential applicants: "What questions do you have for mentors, past interns, or organizers?"

This is a great chance to get your questions answered! We encourage you to prepare your questions in advance.

You are also welcome to tweet questions to mentors and past Outreachy interns who participate in the Twitter chat. This is a great way to get to know mentors for the May 2022 internship cohort!

We highly encourage you to participate. No question is too small or too simple. We are here to help.

Chat questions
---

The questions are prefaced with Q1, Q2, etc. You will need to reply with A1, A2, at the start of you answer. Please also use the hashtag #OutreachyChat in all your tweets related to the chat.

The following questions are used for the chat:

Q1: For interested applicants: What questions do you have for mentors, past interns, or organizers? #OutreachyChat

Q2: For past interns and mentors: Please introduce yourself. What community (did you intern with/are you mentoring for)? #OutreachyChat

Q3: For past interns and mentors: What do you love about participating in Outreachy? #OutreachyChat

Q4: For mentors: What is the project you are mentoring? What skills do people need to apply? What skills can they learn from you? #OutreachyChat

Q4: For past interns: What community did you intern with? What was your project? What did you learn during the internship? #OutreachyChat

Q5: For past interns and mentors: What is the Outreachy application process like? Do you have advice for applicants on how to stand out? #OutreachyChat

Sage Sharp, Outreachy Organizer