[Outreachy] Outreachy contribution period dates moved

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer applicant-help at outreachy.org
Tue Sep 27 12:49:19 UTC 2022

[If you are not an applicant to the Dec 2022 cohort, please disregard this message.]

Greetings,

Outreachy organizers are diligently reviewing initial applications for the December 2022 internship cohort. We need a bit more time to finish our review, so we are moving the dates of the contribution period.

New Outreachy schedule:

 - Sat Oct 8 at 4pm UTC - contribution period opens
 - Fri Nov 4 at 4pm UTC - final application deadline
 - Fri Nov 4 at 4pm UTC - contribution period closes

All other dates remain the same:

 - Mon Nov 21 at 4pm UTC - accepted interns announced
 - Mon Dec. 5, 2022 to Fri March 3, 2023 - Internships period

Thank you for your patience! If you are eager to get started, we recommend reading the 'Preparing for the contribution period' section of our Applicant Guide:

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/#application-prep

We especially recommend using the following resources to practice making contributions to open source:

 - GitHub Lab a free resource for learning git: https://lab.github.com/

 - FreeCodeCamp a free resource for learning programming skills: https://www.freecodecamp.org/

 - Up for Grabs (unaffiliated with Outreachy) - find projects to volunteer your time with: https://up-for-grabs.net/

Good luck! Please reach out if you have questions.

Sage Sharp, Outreachy Organizer