[Outreachy announcement] Applications open for Outreachy May/Aug internships!

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer applicant-help at outreachy.org
Tue Jan 21 02:21:39 UTC 2020

Applications are now open for the Outreachy May to August 2020 internships:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/

Outreachy provides internships to work on open source. Internships are available twice a year, from May to August and December to March. Outreachy internships are three months long. Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 total. Interns have a $500 travel stipend to go to conferences related to their internship.

Outreachy internships are open to applicants around the world. Interns work remotely with mentors from open source communities. Outreachy internship projects may include programming, user experience, documentation, illustration, graphical design,  data science, project marketing, user advocacy, or community event planning.

Please check the eligibility criteria to determine if you're eligible for an Outreachy internship:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/

Outreachy's goal is to increase diversity in open source. We expressly invite women (both cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people to apply. We also expressly invite applications from residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. Anyone who faces under-representation, systematic bias, or discrimination in the technology industry of their country is invited to apply.

Deadlines
---

The timeline for this round is:

Jan 20   Initial applications open
Feb 25   Initial application deadline
Feb 25   Project list finalized
Mar 5    Contribution period opens
Apr 7    Final application deadline
Apr 27   Accepted interns announced
May 19 to Aug 18   Internship period

Application Process
---

We encourage all applicants to read our Outreachy Application Guide. It has tips for how to get your initial application accepted and get a better chance at being selected as an intern:

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/

Please contact applicant-help at outreachy.org with any questions you have.

Good luck applying!

Sage Sharp