[Outreachy announcement] Outreachy applications open for Dec/Mar internships!

Outreachy Organizers organizers at outreachy.org
Thu Sep 7 19:32:29 UTC 2017

Applications for the Outreachy December 2017 to March 2018 internships
are now open:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/

Outreachy is paid, remote, three month internship program that helps
people traditionally underrepresented in tech make their first
contributions to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) communities.
Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 and a travel stipend of $500.

https://www.outreachy.org

The timeline for this round is:

Sept. 7, 2017           Applications open
Oct. 23, 2017           Applications and contributions deadline
Nov. 9, 2017            Accepted interns announced
December 5, 2017 to
March 5, 2018           Internships period

Please read through the application instructions and eligibility
requirements carefully. The instructions have changed a bit since the
last Outreachy round, and we've updated the application with new
required eligibility questions.

We currently have eight Free and Open Source communities who are ready
to take contributions from applicants, and we expect to have about
seven more join in the next couple of weeks.  We'll send another
announcement once we have their landing pages in place.

If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact
organizers at outreachy.org. If you can't get in contact with a mentor or
you're having trouble choosing which project(s) to apply to, you can
contact our mentors mailing list at mentors at lists.outreachy.org

Good luck applying!

Sarah Sharp
Outreachy Organizer