[Outreachy] Outreachy Dec 2023 internship applications open

Outreachy organizers applicant-help at outreachy.org
Tue Aug 8 21:21:20 UTC 2023

Want a paid, remote internship in open source or open science?

Applications for the Outreachy December 2023 internship cohort are now open:

https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2023-08-08/december-2023-initial-applications-open/

August 22, 2023 at 4pm UTC is the deadline for initial applications. Please submit your application early!

Outreachy's goal is to increase diversity in open source. Outreachy provides internships to people subject to systemic bias and impacted by underrepresentation in the technical industry where they are living.

If you know of people interested in open source or open science internships, please forward this email to them.

▶️ 🎙️ Outreachy live chats
---

Outreachy will be hosting a series of live chats on YouTube for applicants.

First, view this video to understand how the Outreachy initial application works:

https://diode.zone/w/sDjfqTv9ytUjjCC3jdWZsS?start=33s

Then, watch our live stream from August 7, 2023 to hear answers to common questions about the Outreachy December 2023 internship initial application:

https://diode.zone/w/5EGEX6Qc36CjnxT1cnyzDK?start=34s

In late August or early September, Outreachy will be hosting live chats to prepare applicants for the contribution period.

Please follow Outreachy on YouTube for notifications of our next live chat:

https://www.youtube.com/@outreachyinternships

About Outreachy
---

Outreachy provides internships in open source and open science. Outreachy provides internships to people subject to systemic bias and impacted by underrepresentation in the technical industry where they are living.

https://www.outreachy.org/

Outreachy internships are:

 💵 Paid - $7,000 USD total internship stipend
 🌍 Remote - both interns and mentors work remotely
 🕰 3 months - internships run May to August, or December to March

Past Outreachy interns are:

 ♀️  92% women
 🌈 4% transgender, genderqueer, or non-binary people
    64% people of color
    12% people from a historically disadvantaged caste or tribe

Outreachy internships run twice a year:

 - May to August internships
 - December to March internships

Applications are currently open for our December 2023 internships.

Applications will open in January 2024 for the May 2024 internships.

Schedule
---

The timeline for the December 2023 internship cohort is:

Initial application period:

 - Aug  8 at 4pm UTC - Initial applications open
 - Aug 22 at 4pm UTC - Initial application deadline

Contribution period:

 - Oct  2 - Initial application results available
 - Oct 2  to Oct 30 - Contribute to projects
 - Oct 30 at 4pm UTC - Final application deadline

Internship period:

 - Nov 20 at 4pm UTC - Accepted interns announced
 - Dec 4, 2023 to Mar 1, 2024 - Internship period

Documentation
---

Please read our applicant guide. It's important to read the essay tips section before applying.

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/

Please check the eligibility criteria to determine if you're eligible for an Outreachy internship:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/

Questions?
---

Outreachy volunteers are here to answer your questions! No question is too small or silly. ☺️

Please contact our applicant helpers through this form:

https://www.outreachy.org/contact/applicant-help/

It may take our volunteers a few days to answer your email, so please be patient.

Good luck applying! You got this!!

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer