[Outreachy announcement] Accepted Outreachy December 2020 interns announced!

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer organizers at outreachy.org
Mon Nov 23 17:04:21 UTC 2020

Congratulations to the 54 applicants who are accepted as Outreachy interns for the May to August 2020 round!

https://www.outreachy.org/alums/

628 applicants had their initial application approved. We're very proud of the 255 applicants who recorded making a contribution to our free software projects.

If you weren't selected as an intern this round, don't lose hope! We find that many applicants apply two or three times before they get accepted. You can still work on a volunteer basis with the communities you applied for, which will help build your skills for the next application round. Please reach out to your mentor directly to ask for feedback on your contributions and final application.

If you weren't able to make a contribution this round, we encourage you to practice making contributions. We recommend the following resources for practicing contribution skills:

https://pragprog.com/book/vbopens/forge-your-future-with-open-source
https://lab.github.com/
https://up-for-grabs.net/

Initial applications will open in late January 2021 for the May 2021 to August 2021 round. Please note that students in the Northern Hemisphere will be eligible for that round.

Initial applications will open in late August 2021 for the December 2021 to March 2022 internship round. Please note that students in the Southern Hemisphere will be eligible for that round.

If you are not a student, you may apply to either round.

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer