[Outreachy announcement] Initial application deadline passed

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer organizers at outreachy.org
Tue Feb 25 17:46:40 UTC 2020

Hi Outreachy internship applicants,

The deadline for submitting an initial application for the May to August
internships has passed.

If you missed the deadline, please apply for a future round. Outreachy
internships runs twice a year, from May to August and December to March.
Initial applications for the December round will open in August 2020.
Initial applications for the May round will open in January 2021.

Acceptance Notifications
---

All applicants who are accepted to move onto the contribution period
will receive an email on March 5 at 4pm UTC.

If you are concerned about not receiving an email, you can always check
the status of your application on the eligibility results page:

https://www.outreachy.org/eligibility/

Preparing for the Contribution Period
---

While you are waiting to be notified of your Outreachy application
results, we recommend reviewing the Applicant Guide.

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/

Reading the section on preparing for the contribution period is
important. We also recommend reading the section on how to find a mentor
and how to make contributions.

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/#application-prep
https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/#find-mentor
https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/#make-contributions

Still have questions?
---

Please email your questions to <applicant-help at outreachy.org>

If you are still waiting on a response to an email that was sent to
Outreachy organizers, please be patient and do not resend the email. We
will answer emails in the order they are received, as we have time. We
apologize for any delay.

Please double check that emails from Outreachy organizers do not go into
your spam folder or Updates/Promotions tabs in Gmail. You may need to
set a filter to ensure all email from outreachy.org goes to your Inbox.

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer