[Outreachy announcement] Changes to Outreachy application process

Sage Sharp - Outreachy Organizer organizers at outreachy.org
Thu Jul 25 21:40:24 UTC 2019

Outreachy is a three month internship program. If you're receiving this email, you're subscribed to our announcements mailing list.

Today we're announcing changes to the Outreachy application process. This change will impact applicants, mentors, and coordinators. Please read the details here:

https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2019-07-23/outreachy-schedule-changes/

For the December 2019 to March 2020 round, the schedule for applicants is split into an initial application period and a contribution period.

During the initial application period, applicants submit an eligibility form and essay questions (an initial application). Only people with an accepted initial application will move onto the contribution period.

During the contribution period, accepted applicants contact mentors and complete project tasks (contributions).

Initial Application period:

Aug. 20, 2019 at 4pm UTC - Initial applications open
Sept. 9, 2019, 4pm UTC - #OutreachyChat on Twitter
Sept. 24, 2019 at 4pm UTC - **Initial application deadline**

Contribution period:

Sept. 24, 2019 - Internship project list finalized
Oct. 1, 2019 to Nov. 5, 2019 - Contribute to projects
Nov. 5, 2019 at 4pm UTC - **Final application deadline**

Accepted interns will be announced on Nov. 26, 2019 at 4pm UTC. Internships will run from Dec. 3, 2019 to March 3, 2020.

If you want to apply to Outreachy, we recommend reading our Applicant Guide:

https://www.outreachy.org/docs/applicant/

If you have any questions, please contact us:

https://www.outreachy.org/contact/contact-us/

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer